Top 3 DIY Lavender Laundry Essentials!

http://campwander.blogspot.it/2012/08/top-3-diy-lavender-laundry-essentials.html

Top 3 DIY Lavender Laundry Essentials!

In the house of Camp Wander there's an on-going evolution of all things laundry.  Pinterest is partly to blame, my sister is mostly to blame :)  


Jillee, of One Good Thing by Jillee, the queen of all things clean, tidy and super economical is a laundry savant.  I've learned to accept and embrace it and, steal her stuff.



A few weeks ago, I walked into Jillee's laundry room.  OH MY Holy Dryer Sheeeet!!  Angels were perched on the appliances and a lilting scent was wafting from stacks of brilliant white stacks of folded laundry, not an armpit stain to be found!   Her latest laundry creation was born and I was there to smell it!  This is an actual photo of the actual jar of the actual laundry detergent that summons angels...really, it does! 





A lofty claim!  But it's great stuff and insanely economical so even if it didn't last a whole year, I'm in!

I made my second batch today because of course I gave away most of my first batch.  This happens when you have a herd like we do.  I did make one change to my recipe however, I omitted the Purex Softening Crystals because I love my vinegar and lavender softener which I'll share in a sec!

~ PROVISIONS ~


One of my favorite presentations for sharing (and it's likely you'll share too) are 1/2 gal mason jars.  I found mine at Ace Hardware.



Laundry Essential #1

1 Box of Washing Soda
1 Box of Borax
3 Bars of Felsnaptha Soap
2 Tubs of Oxygenated Bleach
2 Cups Baking Soda





Grate soap in a food processor or blender w/ a little powdered bleach.  Jillee's right...it helps the processing go a little smoother.






Now for the fun part!  

Start dumping your boxes of ingredients and the processed soap into a very large tub and mix.  I would suggest you do this outside because it's a dry mix.  You'll have a bit of flyaway powder while mixing.  I enlisted my favorite garden trug for the task!



Now you can fill those awesome jars with your ridiculously easy and affordable #1 Laundry Essential ~ the detergent.




Laundry Essential #2 is a new and exciting discovery for me! {Thanks to Lorrie on Camp Wander Facebook!}


How easy is this?

Purchase a one quart glass bottle of white vinegar, add 25 drops of doTERRA Lavender essential oil + 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol (for emulsion).  You now have a quart of naturally softening fabric softener!  Good for your skin, good for your appliance and good for the planet!  

Pour 1/2 cup into the rinse cycle or into a fabric softener receptacle and start the wash cycle.

Laundry Essential #3 is easy, fun and practical.  The Lavender Dryer Ball, is made with a pair of crew socks.  You can find the directions {HERE}.




Did I mention what a great gift the Lavender Laundry Essentials make?

Give the gift that keeps on giving and ...

Whistle

While 

You

Work!


Commenti